May 21, 2006

A First Time for Everything

Copyright to Maddox for the image.
     I've lived in an apartment of one kind or another for nearly 10 years now (aside from a brief stint in a house for two years). I have called the police ZERO times. Until today.

     I awoke this morning with a thunderous crash and uncontrollable laughing. No my loyal readers this was not Danny and Maria. This was coming from the apartment next door to my bedroom. When I say morning, I don't mean 10am. I'm talking about 5:45am on a Saturday. There were between 2 and 4 children having a ball throwing things at my wall and screaming and yelling and crying.

     I pounded on the wall three times in 20 minutes thinking they would get the hint. They did not. I swear these kids were deliberatley injected with about 6 liters of Jolt Cola. I waited and pounded for 45 minutes. Finally, I put on some flannels and my slippers and headed over to their main door (something else I've never done). I knocked three times..... no answer. I waited 30 seconds and could only hear laughing and crying (by the children). I knocked 6 times...much louder this time. Still no answer. "Fine," I thought. "You don't wanna answer your door for me and listen to my easy going complaint, you're loss."

     I dialled 911. I could tell emergency dispatch was not happy with me calling an emergeny number for a noise complaint, so I checked the phone book. No listing for the local police dept. "BANG BANG, cry cry cry" came from the damn neighbors' kids. It is now 6:55am. Screw it! I pay Verizon the $1.25 and call information.

     The police come on line and I tell them of my annoyance. Two squad cars show up and alleviate the problem quickly. I sleep like a baby from 7:30am to noon. I still have not a heard a peep from them.

     I have no idea if the parents were home or what, but it matters little. It is poor parenting to let your kids behave like this. It is like the kid last weekend who threw a crayon over our table while my friends and I tried to enjoy our Sunday morning breakfast. He should be punished...harshly. I need my beauty sleep just as much as I need to enjoy my bloody mary and french toast in peace.

     I'm going to have to use this feature more often. It is well worth the $1.25. I hope they get evicted.....fat chance, as my Dad always says.


~ Drewbacca
MoviePatron.com



2 comments:

Raghav said...

ur such an oldie !
no seriously, what you did was right sometimes u just have to take the harsh route.
kids nowdays are just rude, and they have this wierd 'in your face' attitude which they think is cool.

Big Scott said...

Oh dear, a crayon? Did you and your friends survive this horrific, brutal attack? All I can say is wait until you have a kid my friend... Seriously, we've had to leave two restaurants early due to misbeahvior by our little angel. It's all part of being a kid I guess. I can remember being yanked out of a couple places as a little hulkster as well... You made the right call in calling the police as well. Like the post before me says, kids nowadays are just rude. I think too many parents want to be friends with their kids these days instead of doing their responsibility of parenting.