February 09, 2005

It's Over

     That's it. I've had enough. I though they might turn it around after winning a slew of games in January, but apparently not. Stick a fork on the Timberwolves, cause they're done. They got destroyed by the Memphis Grizzlies tonight, who will be in the play-offs while KG and the boys watch from their $25,000 leather sofa.
     There was one series near the end of the game (after it was apparent we were gonna lose for sure), where the Grizzlies got 3 offensive rebounds, then we finally got the rebound, and threw it right back to them. This team has got serious issues, and I am not gonna waste my evenings watching them spiral helplessly down the drain. Last time they were in a drought I boycotted them until they won 3 in a row. This time, I won't be so generous. I am boycotting them for the rest of the season unless they make a major trade to shake things up, or get rid of Flip Saunders.
     Call me a fair weather fan if you want to, but I've been a huge Wolves fan since their conception, and I've stuck by them in good times and in bad. This is not just bad times, this is sickening. If they had bad players and were doing poorly, I would support them. But they've got a good team (except for Olowakandi), yet they continue to soil themselves night after night against teams like the Bulls and the Hawks. So I'm stating right here, I'm not watching one more T-Wolves game this year unless they make a major trade or get a new coach. It makes me sad, but I can't continue to waste my time. I have to many other important things to do.... like sleep.

1 comment:

Big Scott said...

Big Scott gets up from his chair at work and claps loudly and whistles thru his teeth. Bravo! How does it feel to be off the bandwagon? Hope you didn't break your leg. When I jumped off the bandwagon a few games back I sprained my ankle. Oh well. I'm for ANY trade, that even (Yes you'll hear this correctly) includes Kevin Garnett. I'm desperate. I love KG but here's my rationale. Teams typically don't win the title with one superstar very often. (Magic/Jabbar, Bird/Mchale, Thomas/Dumars, Jordan/Pippen, Duncan/Robinson, O'Neal/Bryant) There are exceptions such as the Pistons (who got an imploding Laker team) and Rockets (but they had a true center in Olajuwon and had the luxury of winning in two down years.) Who's the other superstar on this team? Cassell, no. Spreewell, come on. Szczerbiak, give me a break. Also, there's nobody else on this team many teams are willing to trade for. So unless you offer up Garnett, it's a waste of time. To the front office, if it was anyone but McHale in the front office, the media would be screaming bloody murder. Same with Flip. You think McHale will ask for his resignation? Not bloody likely. Look at Flips record in the playoffs. One decent run in the playoffs in TEN years? Denny Green had a MUCH better record in the playoffs and the press wanted to run him out of town every year. It's time not only for a change, but a bloodletting over at First Avenue.