February 09, 2007

The End Has Come

     Today is the last day of my Star Wars lunchbox being used to carry my lunch to work everyday. She's been faithful, practical and above all, cool as hell. Sure I've taken some flak from people who don't get the greatness that is George Lucas and his marketing campaign that changed the world in the late 70s and early 80s. But I also get plenty of compliment and discussions about the nostalgia factor too. She may not look like much, but she's go it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.
     You see the problem is, as of late, that the old girl just has started to rust out and smnell a little funny on the inside from years and years of dripping pear juice, lasagna not properly wrapped, exploding Coke cans, cheeze whiz, old milk cartons left over a weekend and bread crumbs within the hinges and cracks; just to name a few things. it's not fair to make her suffer anymore. So it is time to clean her up one last time, give it one final polish and set her on the shelf to retire in glory and prestige; to live the rest of her days in the comfort of the knowledge that in her day, she was at the top of the game.
     You've served me well over the years darlin'. Here's to you...










~Drewbacca
MoviePatron.com

1 comment:

muddy elephant said...

I like how you described the gooey lunch muck that builds up over the years--I can almost smell my old lunchbox now...

I've still got my old Empire Strikes Back thermos with Yoda on it!