February 28, 2007

Hollywood Stock Exchange

     Originally I bought 400 shares of Star Trek 11 stock at $50.13/share under the assumption that JJ Abrams was directing. Not 3 hours later it was announced that the Abrams thing was just a rumor and the stock plummetted like a duck in winter. I decided to hold on to it though and see if I could recoup a bit of the lost revenue before I sold it as we came closer to the release date.

     Then yesterday and today happened. Rumors of Matt Damon (Kirk), Gary Sinise (McCoy aka Bones), Adrien Brody (Spock), Daniel Dae Kim from Lost (Sulu) and James McElvoy (Scottie) being cast in the roles. On top of this, an actual release date has been announced (Christmas Day - 2008) and it appears the JJ Abrams rumor might be more than just a rumor. Stock prices soared and I am now in the plus as the shares are currently selling at $53.41 and climbing steadily. This puts me at a current net gain of $13,120! Happy day. Also, the boss is gone today so I'm leaving work early to go home and take a nap. Can it get any better?

You too can buy and sell stock of your favorite actors and films at HSX.com - have fun.



~Drewbacca
MoviePatron.com

No comments: