April 29, 2008

Fuck it Dude, Let's Go Bowling

     Granted it's been about 15 months since I last picked up my bowling ball; but here are my scores from last night:

Game 1: 162
Game 2: 158
Game 3: 161

Fairly consistent I'd say. I got a spare on 90% of my frames, but could barely get a strike. It really started to piss me off. Perhaps laying off the beer and Jag would've helped.

As a side note, unbeknownst to me I was inadvertently trying out for a league. Apparently I've "made" the team and can join up in September if I want the job. I may take them up on it. I've been looking forward to taking on the Jesus and Walter in league play (although I have no fire arms) - I do quite enjoy the white russians.

My previous league bowling average back in college was 181. I'll keep all two of you readers posted on my progress.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE! I suck at bowling. Not totally but it's weird:

First game - suck. It's the warm-up.
Second game - awesome. Sign me up for that team!
Third game - suck. Arm gets tired and I bowl crooked again.

I wasn't meant to be part of a league. Too bad because I love a good night of bowling.

Jonathan said...

Jesus dude... I think my highest score EVER was in the 160s. Also, I've noticed in my case, the more beer I have in me, the better I play. We call it the ol' bowling juice.