May 01, 2007

Damage Control

     A few days ago I posted about my open letter to the local cinema. Here is their generic, cut and paste response. I know it's cut and paste because it mentions things I said that were never in my letter; like the reference to the snack bar. This only pisses me off further. I'll be seeing Spiderman 3, Thursday night, at the OTHER theater...


Dear Mr. Bird:

Thank you for contacting our corporate office to express your concerns regarding your visit to our Eagan Stadium 16 location. I have forwarded your comments to the district manager directly over this theatre and the theatre manager for their review.

I am sorry to hear that you think our snack bar and/or ticket prices are too high. From a business perspective, our goal is to provide our patrons with a quality movie going experience while making a profit at the same time.

I hope you will understand that there are tremendous costs associated with the operation and maintenance of a theatre. Not only do we have high operating costs (payroll, utilities, rent, equipment, etc.), but we must also pay costly film rentals to the film companies. Although prices inside a theatre may seem high, they have stayed in line with the rate of inflation. A recent report shows that the cost of movie admission remains much below the admission to a sporting event or amusement park.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your feelings on this matter. Your input is invaluable to us in our efforts to continually improve customer service and enhance the operations of our theatre operations. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,
Teresa Welsh


Thank you for your bullshit answer, Ms. Computer... er... Welsh. You should be a politician.



~Drewbacca
MoviePatron.com

No comments: