July 13, 2004

Top 10 Lists

     One of my favorite things about my website (may she rest in peace), was my top 10 lists page. Since then, top 10 lists have gotten out of control. Every pop-culture media outlet in the world publishes their own top 10 or 20 or 50 or even 100 of this or that. Rolling Stone, Premiere. Hell, even Time released their very own top 25 list. In fact, there's an annually released book on the market entitled the "Top Ten of Everything." An interesting book by the way. Similar to Guiness' book. I am pretty sick of it all, and am actually kind of anti-list. Having said that, I can't seem to help myself, and everytime a see someone's list, I feel compelled to compile my own list. Therefore, a regular feature on this forum will be a new top 10 or 20 or 100 list. These Top lists do not necesarily represent the best of a certain category. They are usually just my personal favorites. And to start....


TOP 25 Movie Villains




25)Stripe - Gremlins
24)Stay-puffed Marshmallow Man - Ghostbusters
23)Alex Forrest - Fatal Attraction
22)Col. Nathan Jessup - A Few Good Men
21)Gordon Gekko - Wall Street
20)Wicked Witch of the West - Wizard of Oz
19)Tommy DeVito - Goodfellas "How am I funny?"
18)The Klopeks - The 'burbs
17)Richard Riddick - Pitch Black
16)Joan Crawford - Mommie Dearest
15)Danny Vermin - Johnny Dangerously
14)The Killer - Dirty Harry
13)Pennywise - It
12)Lestat de Lioncourt - Interview with the Vampire
11)Sherriff Buford T. Justice - Smokey and the Bandit
10)Alex de Large - A Clockwork Orange
9)Cal Hockley - Titanic
8)Dr. Evil - Austin Powers
7)Hans Gruber - Die Hard
6)The Predator - Predator
5)The Alien - Alien, Aliens, Alien III, Alien Res.
4)Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs
3)Joker - Batman
2)Edward Rooney - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

....and my #1 favorite movie villain of all time is...
who else but...

1)Darth Vader - Star Wars

    
 
      Well, that's today's post. Check back in the days to come for a list you won't believe!!!



No comments: