October 11, 2007

Cease to Begin

     Bought my first physical CD today that I have bought in... 3 years? Maybe 4. Since I discovered illegal downloading and iTunes, I've had no need to spend extra money on a disc that will sit on a shelf and never be touched. that changed today when I decided to purchase the sophmore effort to my favorite band of 2006, "Band of Horses."

The new record is called "Cease to Begin." Actually I did download a pirated copy some months back, but now that it is available for purchase, I am making up for it by contributing a few of my hard earned dollars to purchase their art and support them for real. I already have tickets to their show in November as well.

In a related story, Radiohead is allowing fans to download their newest album, "In Rainbows," from their website for whatever price they see fit - free if you have no ethics (or hate the album). I'll probably chip in a few buck to get this eventually.

No comments: