September 01, 2005

Why? Oh Please Tell Me Why!

     What is with this new format for the season 6 DVD set of The Simpsons!? They have been so nice looking on my DVD shelf. They are all the same size and basic design style. So what the hell is this?




     It's got a rounded top and doesn't fit well within my DVD shelf. It doesn't match the other 5 seasons even slightly. It's just annoying. Why would they do this? It would be one thing if they were all a different character starting with season one, but they're all the same, then they throw in this abomination. The ultra bright yellow doesn't help the aesthetics either. Great. Now I'm looking at the side of a nearly 2-dimensional Homer Simpson where my DVD should be.





1 comment:

Big Scott said...

YES! Why do bands do this as well? My Pink Floyd Pulse CD sticks out like a sore thumb just like my "Vitalogy" from Pearl Jam.