May 13, 2008

Pet Peave of the Day: Vol. XVI

     Radio talk show hosts (usually in the morning) that talk about movies like they know something.

Host #1) "Also released on DVD today is 'Untraceable'."
Host #2) "Isn't that the one with Diane Lane?"
Host #3) YES. IT. IS. Hubba hubba!
#2) "Yeah, but her career has sort of taken a turn for the worst lately hasn't it?"
#1) "Actually, I've heard it's pretty good."
#2) "Oh, you've seen it?"
#1) "No, that's just what I heard."
#3) Yeah it looks pretty good.

etc. etc. Later in the conversation...

#1) "...and then there's 'Mad Money' released today starring Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes."
#3) "That looks HILARIOUS!"
#2) "Are you serious?"
#3) "Are you?"
#2) "Say the cast out loud again."
#1) "Diane Keaton"
#2) "Yeah?"
#1) "Queen Latifah"
#2) "yeah?"
#1) "And Katie Holmes."
#3) "And you're telling me you don't think that sounds funny?"
#2) "I rest my case."

So yeah, grinding my teeth all the way to work listening to three guys announce and praise two of the worst rated movies of the last 6 months. Never mentioning of course that Coppola's "Youth Without Youth" and "Walk All Over Me" are also released today.

No comments: