September 24, 2007

Combat Experience

     This past weekend was my first leg of training for military deployment or possible zombie outbreak - i.e. I went paintballing. This has got to be one of the most fun things I've ever done. All the years of army I played in my back woods as a kid growing up finally paid off.

     This was exactly the same as back in the day, except the bullets actually hit you in this version and they can sometimes hurt like a bitch. Also, my childhood back yard isn't nearly as cool as this place is. I didn't have bunkers and bridges and beaches and damaged fencelines and sandbag walls and foxholes and motor boats and lookout towers and haystacks and active camo and flowing ravines and again, bullets that can break the skin if you're not properly protected.

     I can't say enough about this fun time, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...



















     I did find out though that there are some muscles in my legs that don't like doing what I did to them for 4 hours. Other consequences include 4 welts on various parts of my body, major scratches on my shins from crawling on my belly through rough terrain and some sort of spotty rash on my forearm from the Vietnam style foilage I crawled through.

     Can't wait to try this again once I've healed up. Maybe this winter with some white camo. WOLVERINES!

No comments: