November 16, 2005

Pet Peeve of the Day

     After the phone on the other end of the line rings and rings and finally the voicemail picks up:

"Hi, this is Bill, I'm not available to take your call. Just leave me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks and have a good day."

     Then, there should be a beep. But nowadays, 98% of all voicemail messages include instructions on how to leave a voicemail by some lady's pre-recorded voice. Something to the effect of:

[long pause]
"If you'd like to leave a message, speak your message clearly at the tone, then hang up..."
[followed by more boring instructions]

     DO THESE PEOPLE THINK I'VE NEVER LEFT A MESSAGE ON AN ANSWERING SYSTEM BEFORE!?
GOD I HATE THAT. I'm in a hurry dammit! But thanks for telling me again how to leave a message beeatch, I've only been doing it since I was 4.

No comments: